To provide nutritious meals, friendly visits, and safety checks that enable homebound seniors to live nourished lives with independence and dignity through the efforts of staff and volunteers.
Haywood County Meals on Wheels has been around since 1975. Over time we have adapted and changed to sustain and improve the program, and we will continue to do so to for the betterment of those we serve. We will:
- Serve any qualifying senior who needs our services through grants, donations, fundraising, meal payment, contributions and county support.
- Maintain, train, and sustain happy and engaged volunteers.
- Provide high quality, tasty, healthy meals.
- Provide effective communication to ALL who utilize our program - recipients, volunteers, grantors, donators, and community collaborators.
- Provide an empathetic, effective, efficient, high quality program to ALL who experience our services.
These goals are key to effectiveness of our program. With your help, and by utilizing our community strengths and committed volunteers — we can sustain them.